LHS Bandstanders is the parent group that works to support the band program at Lindbergh High School. We support the entire band program including Marching Band, Color Guard, Concert Bands, Jazz Bands, and Pep Band.
We raise money to help offset band program costs such as equipment, camps, uniforms, travel expenses, banquets, and much more! These fundraising efforts aim to lower band fees and are critical to the success of the entire Lindbergh Band Program.
NO STUDENT WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR FINANCIAL HARDSHIP! If you have trouble paying for band, please see Mr. Wyss to make other arrangements or contact email@example.com.
We have a variety of fundraising events throughout the year, all of which rely heavily on parent and student volunteers. They are, however, a lot of fun and a great way to meet other band parents and get more involved in the organization. See our Volunteer Guide for more information. We welcome you into the LHS Bandstanders family and look forward to your contributions to the band’s success!
TYPICAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS INCLUDE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE EACH YEAR):
- Football Game Concession Stand: The band runs the concession stand at one LHS football game each season.
- Flea Markets (Fall and Spring): Held two times per year in the high school parking lot. Along with selling vendor spots and concessions, the flea market also collects donations the day before to have our own treasure booth. Start saving items to donate for the treasure booth. Items that can be donated include household and clothing items (sorry but we cannot accept furniture). Members of the band sign up to play live music. Lots of volunteers are needed and appreciated for this event.
- Car Show: “The Marching Down Memory Lane” Car Show started in 2021 in partnership with Cruisin’ Lindbergh. We fill the high school parking lot with cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
- Trivia Night: Trivia Night is a 21 and over event held off site at a community center or hall. Students are not able to participate, however they can volunteer at the event. There are also donations for raffles and auctions.
- Jazz & Bistro: Jazz & Bistro was a new event in March 2022 held in the new cafeteria at LHS. In collaboration with the band directors, jazz students perform while attendees enjoy dinner.
- Dining Nights Out: There are multiple opportunities throughout the year to support the band simply by going out to dinner or grabbing a snack at specific restaurants. Show the flyer or mention you’re with Lindbergh Bands and the restaurant will donate a percentage back to Bandstanders.
- Individual Fundraisers: Through individual fundraising events, families can earn income to offset band fees that have already been paid at the beginning of the season or use it for future band fees. Some families have been able to recover the entire cost of marching band with these individual fundraisers. These are optional and only those who participate will earn money. Students typically have two opportunities, fall, and spring to participate. Past examples have been plant and pizza sales. Parents and students will receive a detailed email explaining how to participate when the opportunities arise.
- Corporate Matching: One easily overlooked fundraising option is corporate matching. Many of you work for corporations that will match employee contributions to qualifying non-profits. Please take a moment to check with your company to see if anything that you donate to the Bandstanders qualifies for a matching donation. We will be happy to provide you with a letter detailing our non-profit status and information.